There are days when you just feel like cooking something exotic yet simple and this delicious Lebanese Chicken recipe is apt for such days. Most of us are just bored eating the usual chicken delicacies every now and then, but if you are craving for something quick and indulgent, then don your chef’s hat and pick up your magic wand to recreate the magic of Lebanese flavours at the comfort of your kitchen. You just need a few simple ingredients to nail this exotic delicacy. So, without wasting any more time, just follow us through these easy steps and impress your loved ones with your smart culinary skills.
- Total Time 50 m
- Prep Time 10 m
Ingredients of Lebanese Chicken
- 800 gm chicken
- 1 tablespoon garlic paste
- 1 cup rice
- black pepper as required
- 1 tablespoon ginger paste
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice
- salt as required
- 7 leaves mint leaves
How to make Lebanese Chicken
- Step 1 Wash the chicken To begin with this delicious chicken recipe, take a small chicken, wash and clean it properly. Pat dry the chicken then give a clue of gashes on the legs and breasts of the chicken, so that the marination seeps in perfectly. Make sure you season the chicken pieces with salt (be generous with salt as chicken can take a decent amount of salt).
- Step 2 Prepare the marinade and marinate the chicken Now in a small bowl mix ginger garlic paste with juice of half a lemon. Then rub the mixture nicely on the chicken and in the cavity. Next, pour some olive oil on the chicken, cover and marinate in the chicken. Keep it in the refrigerator for upto 30 minutes.
- Step 3 Cook the rice In the meanwhile, wash and boil rice a little under done as it will cook more in the chicken. Let it attain a normal room temperature. Now add salt, pepper, mint leaves and a drizzle of olive oil.
- Step 4 Stuff the chicken and tie it with a thread and Now stuff the chicken cavity with the rice, starting from legs tie up all over tightly, so the rice does not fall out. You would need thick threads to tie the chicken properly.
- Step 5 Cook the chicken In the meantime, heat a wok on high flame with a teaspoon of olive oil. When the oil is hot, place the chicken in the wok, you will hear a sizzling sound. We need to get the nice red brown color on both sides of the chicken so cook it for about 5-7 minutes.
- Step 6 Chicken is ready! Once desired color is achieved lower the flame to slow cover and cook, we will see juices coming out of the chicken. Cook the chicken turning once or twice and basting with the juices for about 30-40 minutes depending on the size of the chicken. When the chicken is ready let sit for 5 minutes. The thread and remove. Carve and serve.
- Note: small chicken upto 800gms is ideal for this recipe.
- You can make extra rice and season it to be served alongside.