Who doesn’t love a classic grilled chicken and that too on a bright sunny day. Grilled Chicken with Peanut Sauce is a delicious treat for chicken lovers and is perfect for special brunch! With it’s light yet pleasant flavours, this is one of the easiest chicken recipes out there. The combination of chicken and peanut sauce is not uncanny but it has proven to be one of the best combinations out there. Apart from peanuts, it has other ingredients like turmeric, cumin, curry powder, and lemon juice which elevate the taste of the chicken to a different level altogether. The presence of peanuts in the form of a buttery sauce adds a beautiful nutty flavour to the dish that makes this chicken recipe stand out. Perfect for occasions like birthdays, anniversaries, kitty parties, and pot lucks. You can prepare this recipe in no time and surprise your friends and family with your extraordinary cooking skills. You can also pair this recipe with a nice cold glass of your favourite summer cocktail or wine like Rosѐ and enjoy! To prepare, follow our step-by-step recipe below.
Ingredients of Grilled Chicken with Peanut Sauce
- 3 chicken breasts
- 2 cup coconut milk
- 2 teaspoon cumin powder
- 3 tablespoon brown sugar
- 4 teaspoon curry powder
- salt as required
- 5 tablespoon peanut butter
- 3 tablespoon lime juice
- 4 tablespoon virgin olive oil
- black pepper as required
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 1/2 teaspoon red chilli powder
How to make Grilled Chicken with Peanut Sauce
- Step 1 Wash the chicken Firstly, wash chicken breasts and place them over a chopping board. It them into halves and season with salt and pepper evenly on both sides. Keep aside to rest for some time.
- Step 2 Prepare the marinade and marinate the chicken Next, in a bowl mix together lime juice, curry powder, turmeric, olive oil and cumin. Mix well to prepare a fine paste and rub the paste over the chicken. Refrigerate the chicken for 30 minutes.
- Step 3 Cook the chicken pieces Now, place a frying pan on low heat and add some oil. Once the oil is hot enough, add in the chicken breasts. Make sure that you cook the chicken in low flame, flip the sides and cover it with a lid for 10-minutes. Turn off the flame and transfer into the serving plate.
- Step 4 Prepare the peanut sauce Next, prepare the peanut sauce. In a bowl add coconut milk, lime juice, peanut butter and brown sugar. Transfer the mix in a pan kept over medium flame and cook the mix for about 4-5 minutes.
- Step 5 Indulge in the goodness! Remove from flame once done and your peanut sauce is ready. Pour the sauce over the crispy chicken, garnish with freshly chopped coriander leaves and serve the chicken with your favourite beverage and indulge in the goodness.
- To make this delicacy even more delicious, add some roasted garlic while cooking the chicken.
- You can add some fresh cream to make the sauce creamy.
- If you like spices, you can dry roast some spices like paprika and oregano and add them to the dish.